Nasice, a town on the northern slopes of mount Krndija in Eastern Slavonia, 51 kilometers southwest of Osijek; altitude 157 meters; population 8,235. It is first mentioned in 1229 under the name Nekche. The economy is based on agriculture, fishing (11 square kilometers of fishing grounds), metal processing, food industry, textile industry, cement (Nasicecement), wood processing, printing industry and stone mining. It lies on the regional road (M3) Varazdin - Virovitica - Nasice - Osijek and railroad Zagreb - Koprivnica - Osijek.
From the 13th century property of the Templars, with the Romanesque church of St. Martin and the clan of Aba, who erected the castrum (the site is now near today's cemetery). After that, Nasice were in the hands of the Knights Hospitallers, the Gorjanski family, the counts of Ilok, and between 1532 and 1687 it was under the Turkish rule. From the end of the 18th century, the Aba estate was in the hands of the Franciscan order. The (now parish) church of St. Anthony of Padua is an early Gothic structure with an elongated polygonal sanctuary borne by supports. During the 18th century it was reconstructed in Baroque style: two side chapels were attached to the nave (1719 to 1763), the 45 meter high belfry was erected (1712 to 1714), and the expanded church received a new façade (1763 to 1765). During the 18th century it was reconstructed in Baroque style: two side chapels were attached to the nave (1719 to 1763), a 45 meter high belfry was erected (1712 to 1714), and the expanded church received a new façade (1763 and 1765). The church has Baroque altars (1765 to 1774), the pulpit (1769), confessionals (1772), the organ by Josip Janácek from Buda (1776), a Rococo oratory featuring the coat of arms of the Pejacevic family, the choir stalls adorned with a relief cycle about King David and St. Anthony of Padua. Some of the finest paintings are works of father Josip Kronoveter and the painting on the main altar by Ivan Garikovac 1771. A three-winged two-storey monastery, remodeled between 1712 and 1755, stands next to the church.
Near the large English park there are two manors of the Counts of Pejacevic: the classicist two-storey manor (1812) with attached towers (1865), and the one-storey manor (1909). The neo-Gothic chapel of the Assumption of Christ with Pejacevic family crypt was designed by H. Bollé (1881). Next to it is the grave of composer Dora Pejacevic, with her bust (D. Jovanovic, 1906). Nasice hosts the colony of ceramic art “Hinko Juhn” (established in 1978).
Tourist board: Pejacevicev trg 4
Economic and cultural center famous for valuable cultural and monumental heritage (Gothic church, two manorts, arts colony “Hinko Junh”). Nasice has an important place in the business and excursion tourism. Nice park by both Pejacevic manors (horticultural monument), a private Zoo held by Bizik family in nearby Markovac, as well as the interesting area beneath Krndija stress the importance of natural beauties. The sports offer consists of tennis courts, football pitch with supporting facilities, boat rides on the fish pond and lakes.
Hunting grounds in the immediate vicinity are rich, and anglers are welcome on fishpond Nasicka Breznica and lake Lapovac. Slavonian delicacies, game and freshwater fish are a part of the gastronomic selection in Nasice and surrounding area.
Accommodation: hotel Park (B).
* Nasicka Breznica fishpond (10 km) * Upper Krndija (16 km) * Koska (18 km) * lake Borovnik (20 km) Orahovica (20 km) * Dakovo (34 km).
Source: Tourist guide